The status of the Contractual Agents is one of the most difficult and conflictual measures of the reform. Reform proponents not only managed to greatly reduce salaries set out in Staff Regulations, but also endangered our colleagues’ working conditions. R&D, which has always rejected the reform, has implemented a programme of damage limitation so that contractual agents are not considered as a category of outcasts within the Commission.
R&D, through its initiatives, has succeeded in forging trade union unity, with the adoption of a unanimous resolution by the Central Personnel Committee in support of contractual agents.
OUR PROGRAMME FOR 2009 – 2012
R&D has already achieved the opening of a new round of negotiations on the entire subject aimed at:
- Redefining CA recruitment and policy.
- Defining their tasks and responsibilities in a structured way.
- Handling the issues of under-classification of CA recruited into a lower function group than one wich reflects actual tasks.
- In-depth analysis of the issue of salaries, the DG ADMIN will call a working group with the trade unions in order to analyse the comparative study of the salary conditions in Brussels and Luxembourg.
- Ensuring that DG ADMIN plays its role of guardian of the regulations, when faced with the childish and absolutist temptations on the part of various senior officials.
- Facilitating moves between function groups.
R&D’s CAMPAIGN FOR TRADE UNION UNITY AND AGAINST PRECARIOUS CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Today, R&D explains what it has been doing in a series of five flyers on: 1. Recruitment; 2. Access to contracts; 3. Pay; 4. Career development; 5. Becoming an official.
25/05/2009: ACCESS TO CONTRACTS
02/06/2009: CAREER DEVELOPMENT
5/06/2009: BECOMING AN OFFICIAL