On 27th May DGs will publish the promotion lists in SysPer2. From that day on, you have five working days to introduce an appeal if you think you were unjustly not promoted this year, although you fulfill all the criteria according to Article 45 of the Staff Regulations with regard to
- seniority in the grade
- merits as reflected in your evaluation report
- languages used in the service
As of 2012, appeals are possible only against non-promotion since there are no more performance levels and promotion points.
Although every situation is different, R&D has listed some of the most typical situations that might give you reason to file an appeal with the Promotion Committee. You can download the templates in Word format and use them to prepare your text.
How to use the following templates for appeal?
- Keep it short and to the point (½ page is ideal).
- Please bear in mind that the Promotion Committees have access to your evaluation and promotion file,
- you therefore do not need to repeat details that become clear from them.